Efficient driving will not only reduce the amount of fuel you use, saving you money, but will also cut down on unnecessary wear and tear on the vehicle and the amount of pollution your vehicle generates.
- Driving smoothly and carefully can lead to reductions in fuel consumption of between 5% to 10% and in some cases by as much as 30%.
- Slowing down will save you up to 25% on fuel costs.
- Reduce weight and drag by emptying your vehicle of extra gear and removing unused roof racks. If you’re a tradesperson, consider removing any work gear on weekend or holiday trips to save on fuel.
- Keeping tyres at the right pressure will easily save% on your fuel use.
- Change gears sooner rather than later to keep revs down.
- At higher speeds an air-conditioner is more efficient than having your windows down—it causes more aerodynamic drag.