Agricultural energy efficiency assistance
Type: Business premises
Contact: Victoria State GovernmentIf you have questions not answered in this summary please refer to the Victoria State Government website. Your Energy Savings does not look after this program.
The Victorian Government Agricultural Energy Investment Plan supports agricultural businesses to improve energy productivity, manage energy costs, improve reliability and support own-generation capacity.
Once a free on-farm energy assessment has been completed (or an equivalent assessment conducted in the past 2 years) farmers can then apply for a grant to support investment in energy efficiency and energy productivity.
On-farm assessments are available until March 2020 or until funding is exhausted – whichever comes first.
To be eligible farmers must meet all of the following criteria:
You are a primary producer with a site in Victoria that is:
- Cultivating or propagating plants, fungi or their products or parts (including seeds, spores, bulbs and similar things), in any physical environment
- Maintaining animals for the purpose of selling them or their bodily produce (including natural increase)
- Manufacturing dairy produce from raw material that they produce; or
- Operations on-land aquaculture facilities
- You have spent more than $8,000 on energy costs (including diesel) in the 12 months prior to applying for an energy assessment
- You are a business registered with an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- You meet your industrial relations obligations as an employer, in accordance with the National Employment Standards, and
- You agree to participate in program evaluation activities.
You are not eligible to apply if you are:
- a primary producer engaged in forestry, on-sea aquaculture or fisheries
- an agriculture transport operator.
A number of other conditions apply. Check your eligibility on the Victorian Government website.
The Agricultural Energy Investment Plan consists of 5 actions:
- assessments - providing on-farm energy assessments
- grants - to support farmers invest in implementing energy efficiencies or own-generation capacity to reduce ongoing costs
- demonstrations - showing energy measures on-farm
- skills and education - linking farmers and businesses to information and education resources
- research - facilitating partnerships to commercialise research for the farming sector.
More information is available on the Victoria State Government website.
Make sure you understand the full program information on the Victoria State Government website.
You can call 136 186 for more details. If deaf, hearing or speech impaired contact the National Relay Service on 133 677 or email www.relayservice.gov.au
You can apply via the Victoria State Government website.
You can also register your details to keep up-to-date with details on when and how to apply for on-farm assessments and grants.
Agricultural Energy Investment Plan
More VIC rebates and assistance