Battery storage database registration incentive - Energex
For: Home owner, Landlord, Renter
Type: Apartment, House
Contact: EnergexIf you have questions not answered in this summary please refer to the Energex website. Your Energy Savings does not look after this program.
The Battery Energy Storage System incentive provides eligible South East Queensland households with a one-off $50 payment for registering eligible systems on the Queensland Government battery storage database.
The registration database identifies where battery energy storage systems are located to assist with managing the electricity network during peak demand, as well as for safety reasons during emergencies.
To be eligible for this incentive, you must:
- be aged 18 years or older
- be either the registered owner of the property or the occupier of the property and have obtained the owner of the property’s consent to submit an application form
- have an eligible battery energy storage system installed at the property
- have a battery energy storage system connection agreement
- complete the online application form and submit it to Energex by 1 January 2019.
A number of other conditions apply. Check your eligibility on the Energex website.
The Energex battery storage incentive provides eligible South East Queensland households with a one-off $50 payment for registering eligible battery energy storage systems on the Queensland Government battery storage database.
The Energex website has more information on the battery storage database registration incentive.
Battery storage database registration incentive
More QLD rebates and assistance