Business efficiency assistance
Type: Business premises
Contact: Northern Territory GovernmentIf you have questions not answered in this summary please refer to the Northern Territory Government website. Your Energy Savings does not look after this program.
The Northern Territory Government Smarter Business Solutions program helps Northern Territory Indigenous enterprises, businesses and not-for-profit organisations reduce day-to-day energy, water, waste and material costs.
To be eligible to apply for this rebate, your organisation must be an Indigenous enterprise, a Northern Territory business or a not-for-profit organisation and meet the following criteria:
- be physically located and actively trading in the Northern Territory for 12 months with an ABN and remitting GST
- have an annual turnover between $75,000 and $20 million
- not be on a domestic tariff if connected to an electricity grid
- have less than 200 employees
- have not received equivalent funding from a previous similar support program
- agree to participate in a follow-up evaluation survey including a savings assessment
- accept the terms of the Buy Local Plan as identified in the agreement section of the application.
If you are a franchise or multinational business you should speak to a small business champion before you apply.
A number of other conditions apply. Check your eligibility on the Northern Territory Government website.
The Smarter Business Solutions program offers different types of support including:
- advice on current efficient technologies and practices
- a walk-through site survey to identify potential savings opportunities
grants to encourage and support cost savings or initiatives:
- up to 50% of the cost for efficiency improvements - maximum of $20,000
- up to 20% for the installation of off-grid renewable energy systems - maximum of $20,000
- up to 10% for the installation of on-grid renewable energy systems - maximum of $10,000.*
*On-grid means 'connected to' or 'availability of' an electricity network.
Funding is only available for projects that have not started and is subject to the program's available grant budget.
Maximum funding is only available for projects that show a simple financial payback of 3 to 5 years.
If applying for a grant you should not make any changes to existing or new infrastructure associated with the project before your application is assessed.
Make sure that you understand the full program information on the Northern Territory Government website. You can also call 08 8999 5479 for more information.
You can apply via the Northern Territory Government website.
Smarter Business Solutions
More NT rebates and assistance