Business - efficient recycling and waste managment
Type: Business premises
Contact: ACT GovernmentIf you have questions not answered in this summary please refer to the ACT Government website. Your Energy Savings does not look after this program.
The ACT Government Business Recycling scheme is a free program that assists Australian Capital Territory and Queanbeyan businesses implement efficient recycling and waste management practices. This program can reduce business costs and impacts on the environment, create public recognition and meet corporate environmental commitments.
To be eligible your business must:
- be located in the Australian Capital Territory, or
- be located in Queanbeyan.
A number of other conditions apply. Check your eligibility on the ACT Government website.
The Business Recycling program is free and helps your business put efficient recycling and waste management into action. It's available for any business in the Australian Capital Territory or Queanbeyan and is easy to put in place.
By following a straightforward 10-step program, your business can:
- reduce costs—recycling waste can be as much as 50% cheaper than tipping at landfill
- reduce impacts on the environment—a motivating factor for customers and staff
- benefit from public recognition of your policies and actions—through annual accreditation
- meet corporate environmental commitments.
Once you've implemented the program, you will be accredited as an Actsmart business and recognised as a business that is actively recycling and being environmentally responsible.
Further information is available on the ACT Government website.
More ACT rebates and assistance