Business energy efficiency grants and advice
Type: Business premises
Contact: Northern Territory GovernmentIf you have questions not answered in this summary please refer to the Northern Territory Government website. Your Energy Savings does not look after this program.
The Smarter Business Solutions program provides Northern Territory business’s, Indigenous enterprises and not-for-profit organisations with help to reduce day-to-day energy, water, waste and material costs.
To apply, you must:
- be physically located and actively trading in the NT for 12 months with an ABN and remitting GST
- have an annual turnover between $75,000 and $20 million
- not be on a domestic tariff if connected to the electricity grid
- have less than 200 employees
- have not received equivalent funding from a previous similar support program
- agree to participate in a follow-up evaluation survey including a savings assessment
- accept the terms of the Northern Territory Government’s Buy Local Plan as identified in the agreement section of the application.
If you are a franchise or multinational business you should speak to a small business champion before you apply.
A number of other conditions apply. Check your eligibility on the Northern Territory Government website.
The program offers different types of support including:
- free advice on current efficient technologies and practices
- a walk-through site survey to identify potential savings opportunities
grants to encourage and support cost savings or initiatives:
up to $20,000 for efficiency improvements
up to $10,000 for renewable energy systems for on-grid businesses
up to $20,000 for renewable energy systems for off-grid businesses.
Funding is only available for projects that have not started and is subject to the program's available grant budget.
Maximum funding is only available for projects that show a simple financial payback of 3 to 5 years.
If you apply for a grant you should not make any changes to existing or new infrastructure associated with the project before your application is assessed.
If you would like to proceed you’ll need to complete the Smarter Business Solutions online application form.
Smarter Business Solutions
More NT rebates and assistance