Business energy-efficient lighting upgrades
Type: Business premises
Contact: ActewAGLIf you have questions not answered in this summary please refer to the ActewAGL website. Your Energy Savings does not look after this program.
The ActewAGL Big Business Light Switch program assists Australian Capital Territory businesses to upgrade their lighting by switching to energy-efficient LEDs (light emitting diodes). This reduces a business’ energy consumption, bills and greenhouse gas emissions.
Depending on the building type the lighting upgrades may be free or available at a heavily subsidised cost.
To be eligible your business must:
- be in the Australian Capital Territory
- have new eligible lights installed by an ActewAGL electrician
- not have a reporting obligation under the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act 2007 (NGER)
- meet Australian electrical wiring standards.
A number of other conditions apply. Check your eligibility on the ActewAGL website.
Participation businesses will have their traditional inefficient lights removed and have new energy-efficient LEDs installed. Depending on the building type the lighting upgrades may be free or available at a heavily subsidised cost. The new LEDs come with a 2 year warranty.
To participate in the program you will need to:
- register your business online
- have ActewAGL visit your business for a free onsite assessment and quote
- approve the quote
- schedule an installation time.
Further information is available on the ActewAGL FAQ page.
Make sure that you understand the program information. For more information call 1300 789 002.
To participate in the program you will need to register your business online.
Big Business Light Switch
More ACT rebates and assistance