Business energy and water efficiency
Type: Business premises
Contact: ACT GovernmentIf you have questions not answered in this summary please refer to the ACT Government website. Your Energy Savings does not look after this program.
Rebates of up to $5,000 are available from the actsmart Business Energy and Water Program to eligible Australian Capital Territory businesses wanting to upgrade to more energy and water-efficient technologies including, lighting, appliances, heating and cooling, refrigeration, insulation, toilets and tapware.
The program helps commercial businesses lower operating costs by reducing energy and water use. This also helps the Australian Capital Territory lower greenhouse gas emissions.
To qualify for rebates of up to $5,000 under the actsmart Business Energy and Water Program, businesses need to:
- be operating in the Australian Capital Territory
- have electricity bills of up to $20,000 per year and/or
- employ a maximum of 10 full-time equivalent staff.
A number of other conditions apply. Check your eligibility on the ACT Government website.
Participating business can receive a:
- free onsite energy and water assessment
- tailored action plan
access to a rebate of up to $5,000 to install more energy and water-efficient technologies including:
Make sure you understand the program information on the ACT Government website.
For more information:
- visit actsmart.act.gov.au
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call Access Canberra on 13 22 81
- complete the online Registration Form (PDF 121KB)
Business Energy and Water Program
More ACT rebates and assistance