Energy efficient air conditioning incentives - Energex
For: Home owner, Landlord, Renter, Business
Type: Apartment, House
Contact: EnergexIf you have questions not answered in this summary please refer to the Energex website. Your Energy Savings does not look after this program.
The Energex PeakSmart Air-conditioning Program provides South East Queensland households with financial incentives of up to $400 for purchasing and installing PeakSmart air conditioner/s or converting an existing air conditioner/s to PeakSmart, multiple rebates can apply.
If you’re purchasing a new PeakSmart air conditioner, or have an existing PeakSmart unit in your home, you can also opt in to have a network monitoring device installed and receive an additional financial incentive of $100.
Households benefit by accessing the PeakSmart financial incentives as well as helping to reduce peak electricity demand (periods placing the highest demand on energy use-such a hot summer days).
To be eligible for these incentivea, you must:
- own or live in a residence that's served by the Energex electricity distribution network
- purchase and install a PeakSmart-enabled air conditioner/s and signal receiver/s
- contact a qualified air conditioning installer to install the air conditioning unit/s and the signal receiver/s at the same time
- submit an installation form that's been completed by you and the authorised person who did the installation
- consent to Energex visiting your residence to maintain or check the installed signal receiver/s as needed.
Homeowners, landlords and renters are eligible for the financial incentive. If you're renting, you must have permission from the owner of the residence for the installation of the PeakSmart-enabled air conditioner/s and signal receiver/s.
A number of other conditions apply. Check your eligibility, see Terms and Conditions at the bottom of the page on the Energex website.
PeakSmart provides South East Queensland households with financial incentives for purchasing and installing a PeakSmart air conditioner or converting an existing air conditioner to PeakSmart - multiple rebates can apply:
- $400 for a PeakSmart-enabled air conditioner of 10 kilowatts (kW) cooling capacity or more.
- $200 for a PeakSmart-enabled air conditioner of more than 4kW but less than 10kW cooling capacity.
- $100 for a PeakSmart-enabled air conditioner of less than 4kW cooling capacity.
- $100 to opt in to have a network monitoring device installed.
You need to complete the installation form (PDF 1.48MB) with your installer.
Your reward application form must be completed online. Watch a short video to learn how to claim your Energex PeakSmart air conditioner rewards. To complete the online application form you need to provide the following:
- Bank account details - all payments will be made by Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Proof of purchase of your air conditioner/s.
- A completed installation form.
PeakSmart air conditioning works via a signal receiver, a small device installed in PeakSmart air conditioners that remotely tells the air conditioner to cap its energy consumption when the electricity network reaches peak demand. The technology it designed to be set and forget, so you won't have to do anything and won't notice a difference to your level of comfort.
The Energex website has a list of current PeakSmart air conditioner models.
Make sure that you understand the full program information on the Energex website. You can get further information by phoning Energex on 13 12 53.
Energex PeakSmart Air-conditioning Program
More QLD rebates and assistance