Energy efficient air conditioning incentives - Ergon Energy
For: Home owner, Landlord, Renter, Business
Type: Apartment, House, Business premises
Contact: Ergon EnergyIf you have questions not answered in this summary please refer to the Ergon Energy website. Your Energy Savings does not look after this program.
The Ergon Energy PeakSmart Compatible Air-conditioner Project provides eligible Queensland households and businesses with financial incentives of up to $400 for purchasing and installing a PeakSmart air conditioner/s or converting an existing air conditioner/s to PeakSmart, multiple rebates can apply.
Households and businesses benefit by accessing the PeakSmart financial incentives as well as helping to reduce peak electricity demand (periods placing the highest demand on energy use-such a hot summer days).
To be eligible for these incentives, you must:
- own or occupy an eligible property that’s served by the Ergon Energy electricity distribution network
- purchase and install a PeakSmart-enabled air conditioner/s and signal receiver/s
- contact a qualified electrician and air conditioning installer to install the air conditioning unit/s and the signal receiver/s at the same time
- submit an installation form that’s been completed by you and the authorised person who did the installation.
Homeowners, landlords, renters and businesses are eligible for the financial incentive. If you’re renting, you must have permission from the owner of the residence for the installation of the PeakSmart-enabled air conditioner/s and signal receiver/s.
A number of other conditions apply. Check your eligibility on the Ergon Energy website.
PeakSmart provides Queensland households with financial incentives for purchasing and installing a PeakSmart air conditioner or converting your existing air conditioner to PeakSmart:
- $400 for a PeakSmart-enabled air conditioner of 10 kilowatts (kW) cooling capacity or more.
- $200 for a PeakSmart-enabled air conditioner of more than 4kW but less than 10kW cooling capacity.
- $100 for a PeakSmart-enabled air conditioner of less than 4kW cooling capacity.
Please note, there is a limit of 5 rebates for residential customers but no limit for business customers. However in some cases a limit may be applied on the number of claims a business can claim.
You need to complete the installation form (PDF 64.8KB) with your installer.
Your reward application form must be completed online. To complete the online application form you need to provide the following:
- Bank account details - all payments will be made by Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Proof of purchase of your air conditioner/s.
- A completed installation form.
PeakSmart air conditioning works via a signal receiver, a small device installed in PeakSmart air conditioners that remotely tells the air conditioner to cap its energy consumption when the electricity network reaches peak demand. The technology it designed to be set and forget, so you won’t have to do anything and won’t notice a difference to your level of comfort.
The Ergon Energy website has a list of current PeakSmart air conditioner models.
Make sure that you understand the full program information on the Ergon Energy website. You can get further information by phoning Ergon Energy on 1300 977 421 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ergon Energy PeakSmart Compatible Air-conditioner Project
More QLD rebates and assistance