Energy-efficient air conditioning incentives
For: Home owner, Landlord, Renter, Business
Type: Apartment, House
Contact: EnergexIf you have questions not answered in this summary please refer to the Energex website. Your Energy Savings does not look after this program.
The Energex PeakSmart Air-conditioning Program provides eligible South East Queensland households with financial incentives of up to $2,000 for purchasing and installing up to five PeakSmart-enabled air conditioners per home.
Households benefit by accessing the PeakSmart financial incentives well as helping to reduce peak electricity demand (periods placing the highest demand on energy use-such a hot summer days).
To be eligible for this incentive, you must:
- own or live in a residence that's served by the Energex electricity distribution network
- purchase and install a PeakSmart-enabled air conditioner/s and signal receiver/s
- contact a qualified air conditioning installer to install the air conditioning unit/s and the signal receiver/s at the same time
- submit an installation form that's been completed by you and the authorised person who did the installation
- consent to Energex visiting your residence to maintain or check the installed signal receiver/s as needed.
Homeowners, landlords and renters are eligible for the financial incentive. If you're renting, you must have permission from the owner of the residence for the installation of the PeakSmart-enabled air conditioner/s and signal receiver/s.
A number of other conditions apply. Check your eligibility, see Terms and Conditions at the bottom of the page on the Energex website.
PeakSmart provides South East Queensland households with up to five financial incentives for purchasing and installing up to five air conditioners:
- $400 for purchasing and installing a PeakSmart-enabled air conditioner of 10 kilowatts (kW) cooling capacity or more.
- $200 for purchasing and installing a PeakSmart-enabled air conditioner of more than 4kW but less than 10kW cooling capacity.
- $100 for purchasing and installing a PeakSmart-enabled air conditioner of less than 4kW cooling capacity.
You need to complete the installation form (PDF 1.48MB) with your installer.
You can apply online at the Energex website after purchasing your PeakSmart-enabled air conditioner/s.
Your reward application form must be completed online. To complete the online application form you need to provide the following:
- Bank account details - all payments will be made by Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Proof of purchase of your air conditioner/s.
- A completed installation form.
PeakSmart air conditioning works via a signal receiver, a small device installed in PeakSmart air conditioners that remotely tells the air conditioner to cap its energy consumption when the electricity network reaches peak demand. The technology it designed to be set and forget, so you won't have to do anything and won't notice a difference to your level of comfort.
The Energex website has a list of current PeakSmart air conditioner models.
Make sure that you understand the full program information on the Energex website. You can get further information by phoning Energex on 13 12 53.
Energex PeakSmart Air-conditioning Program