Energy-efficient appliance rebate
For: Home owner, Renter
Type: Apartment, House
Contact: Energy & Water Ombudsman NSWIf you have questions not answered in this summary please refer to the Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW website. Your Energy Savings does not look after this program.
Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW Home Energy Action Program helps eligible low-income households reduce their energy bills by providing financial assistance when purchasing new energy-efficient appliances to replace old inefficient appliances.
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- be a NSW resident
hold one of the following valid concession cards:
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Health Care Card or Low Income Health Care Card from Centrelink
- Veterans' Affairs Gold Card
- own a fridge at least 6 years old and want to replace it
- own a plasma or cathode ray tube (CRT) television and want to replace it
- have access to funds to pay the remaining cost of the appliances after the discount has been applied.
A number of other conditions apply so check the Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW website for more details.
The Government is offering a 40% discount on the cost of a new fridge, and a 50% discount on the cost of a new TV. The new appliance will be delivered to your home and installed and your old appliance can be removed and recycled. Check the complete list of appliances and discounted prices.
Make sure you understand the full program information on the Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW website.
You can apply online for the scheme online in three steps.
Home Energy Action Program
More NSW rebates and assistance