Energy efficient appliance rebate
For: Home owner, Renter
Type: Apartment, House
Contact: Queensland GovernmentIf you have questions not answered in this summary please refer to the Queensland Government website. Your Energy Savings does not look after this program.
The Queensland Government Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate provides financial assistance of up to $300 to Queensland householders that purchase an energy-efficient appliance. Households benefit by reducing their energy use and saving money.
Applications for the rebate are closing soon.
To be eligible for this rebate, you must:
- be a Queensland resident
- purchase an eligible minimum 4 star energy rated appliance between 1 January 2018 and 3 June 2018
- apply for the rebate with 30 days of purchase
- purchase the appliance for domestic use in a Queensland residence
- provide the house National Metering Identifier (NMI) found on your electricity bill
- provide the appliance make and model number and a scan or photo of the appliance tax invoice or receipt
- provide your bank account details so the rebate can be paid to you.
Only one rebate per household will be paid. If you're a landlord, your'e ineligible to make any claims for appliances intended for use in investment properties.
A number of other conditions apply. Check your eligibility on the Queensland Government website.
The Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate provides financial assistance of up to $300 to Queensland householders that purchase an energy-efficient appliance. Only one rebate is available per household. Please note, funding is limited.
Rebates will apply to purchases made between 1 January 2018 and 3 June 2018 for the following household appliances:
- $200 for a 4 star or higher energy rated washing machine
- $250 for a 4 star or higher energy rated refrigerator
- $300 for a 4 star or higher energy rated air conditioner – 4 star rating applies to cooling.
If you purchase a PeakSmart air conditioner, you can also apply for additional financial benefits available through:
- Energex’s PeakSmart Program (for South East Queensland customers)
- Ergon Energy’s PeakSmart Program (for regional Queensland customers).
The frequently asked questions page on the Queensland Government website has more useful information .
Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate
More QLD rebates and assistance