Energy efficient appliance rebate
For: Home owner, Landlord, Renter
Type: Apartment, House
Contact: Queensland GovernmentIf you have questions not answered in this summary please refer to the Queensland Government website. Your Energy Savings does not look after this program.
The Queensland Government Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate provides financial assistance of up to $300 to Queensland householders that purchase an energy-efficient appliance. Households benefit by reducing their energy use and saving money.
Applications for the rebate are opening soon. You will be able to apply for the rebate online or by phone when applications open. Further information will be available in coming weeks.
To be eligible for this rebate, you must:
- be a Queensland resident
- purchase an eligible minimum 4 star energy rated appliance on or after 1 January 2018
- purchase the appliance for domestic use in a Queensland residence.
A number of other conditions apply. Check your eligibility on the Queensland Government website.
The Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate provides financial assistance of up to $300 to Queensland householders that purchase an energy-efficient appliance. Only one rebate is available per household. Please note, funding is limited.
Rebates will apply to purchases, on or after 1 January 2018, of the following household appliances:
- $200 for a 4 star or higher energy rated washing machine
- $250 for a 4 star or higher energy rated refrigerator
- $300 for a 4 star or higher energy rated air conditioner – 4 star rating applies to cooling.
If you purchase a PeakSmart air conditioner, you can also apply for additional financial benefits available through:
- Energex’s PeakSmart Program (for South East Queensland customers)
- Ergon Energy’s PeakSmart Program (for regional Queensland customers).
The frequently asked questions page on the Queensland Government website has more useful information .
Sign up to receive a notification when the Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate online application form is available. You must keep your purchase receipt, or provide a clear photo of your receipt, as this must be submitted with your rebate application.
Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate
More QLD rebates and assistance