Energy efficient fridge and television discounts
For: Home owner, Renter
Type: Apartment, House
Contact: NSW GovernmentIf you have questions not answered in this summary please refer to the NSW Government website. Your Energy Savings does not look after this program.
The Appliance replacement offer provides eligible New South Wales households with discounts on new energy-efficient fridges and televisions to replace old inefficient models:
- 40 per cent discount on the cost of a fridge
- 50 per cent discount on the cost of a television.
New energy-efficient appliances reduce energy use, helping the environment, and can help you save on energy bills.
Please note, the offer is open to eligible concession card holders in New South Wales for a limited time only.
To be eligible for the discount you must:
- be a New South Wales resident
hold one of the following valid concession cards*:
- Pensioner Concession Card from the Depart of Human Services
- Low Income Health Care Card from the Department of Human Services
- Health Care Card from the Department of Human Services
- Gold Card from the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- own a fridge at least six years old
- own a plasma or older-style cathode ray tube (CRT) television.
*Commonwealth Seniors Health Card holders are not eligible for this offer.
Please note, to be eligible you cannot purchase more than one television and one fridge per household. Televisions are limited to a maximum size of 42 inches (107 centimetres).
A number of other conditions apply.
The Appliance replacement offer means you can choose selected energy efficient televisions and fridges from retail partner The Good Guys:
- There is a list of available products on the NSW Government website.
- Use The Good Guys store locator to find your nearest outlet and call The Good Guys on 1300 601 795 before you visit to confirm the selected models are available to view in store.
If you can’t afford to pay the balance after the discount, you may be eligible to apply for a no interest loan through the No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS).
- You can also contact participating community service organisations in your area to find out if other assistance is available.
- Television installation does not include channel tuning, connecting the television to other devices, or wall mounting.
Delivery is compulsory as the driver will remove your old appliance when your new appliance is delivered. The Good Guys cannot accept old appliances at their stores.
The delivery driver will remove up to two existing appliances when your new appliance is delivered to your home. The appliances must be the same type as the one you have bought under the Appliance replacement offer; for example, if you bought a fridge you can have up to two fridges removed. Your old appliance/s will be recycled.
Discounted delivery costs are based on your home’s distance from the nearest The Good Guys store in New South Wales.
|Kilometres from store||Discounted cost|
More information is available on the frequently asked questions page on the NSW Government website.
Make sure you understand the full program information on the NSW Government website.
You can only apply for the discount via an online application form on the NSW Government website. You will also need to provide your valid concession card details as part of the application process.
Appliance replacement offer
More NSW rebates and assistance