Financial assistance to buy energy-efficient products and appliances
For: Home owner, Renter, Business
Type: Apartment, HouseTasmanian Energy Efficiency Loan Scheme website. Your Energy Savings does not look after this program.
The Tasmanian Energy Efficiency Loan Scheme (TEELS) assists Tasmanian residents and small businesses with loans from $500 to $10,000 to purchase energy-efficient products and appliances. Updating to energy-efficient products and appliances can reduce your energy consumption and energy bills.
TEELS is open for applications until 1 May 2018, provided the $10 million finance pool isn’t exhausted within that time frame.
To participate in TEELS, you’ll need to apply for a Westpac credit card that has an interest-free period for 36 months. You can only use this credit card to purchase an approved range of energy-efficient products and appliances up to the value of the loan.
Concession card holders interested in purchasing energy-efficient products are encouraged to seek funding through the No Interest Loans Scheme (NILS).
TEELS is a joint initiative of the Tasmanian Government, Aurora Energy and Westpac Banking Corporation.
To be eligible for TEELS you must:
- be a home owner, tenant or small business owner in Tasmania;
- consent to Aurora Energy providing all details contained in your online application form to Westpac;
- have your application approved and be issued with a Westpac credit card;
- purchase approved energy-efficient products and appliances from a supplier that has been operating in Tasmania from at least 1 November 2015;
- have the products installed in Tasmanian premises.
A number of other conditions may apply. Check your eligibility on the TEELS website.
Loans range from $500 to $10,000. Products and appliances include:
- heat pumps (reverse cycle air conditioner) - minimum 2.5 Star Energy Rating
- solar panels
- solar power battery storage
- efficient wood heaters
- hot water systems - gas, air source heat pump or solar
- condensation control systems
- ceiling and floor insulation
- double glazing and reglazing windows
- block out curtains, blinds and pelmets
- draught sealing
- fridges, freezers or washing machines - minimum 3 Star Energy Rating
- lighting upgrades – residential or small business
- irrigation pumps – small business
- building upgrades – small business
- industrial refrigeration – small business.
You can purchase multiple eligible products and appliances provided they are on the eligible products list and don’t exceed the maximum finance value in the application category.
You can also buy products and appliances for more than the maximum loan amount by contributing your own money, provided you don’t exceed the maximum finance value in the application category.
It’s your responsibility to source quotes and arrange for the delivery and/or installation of the products and appliances directly with the supplier. Any costs associated with the delivery and/or installation must be stated on the quote.
You can only apply for one loan for the duration of the scheme.
To get started you’ll need to complete an online application form.
Tasmanian Energy Efficiency Loan Scheme