Home energy incentives
For: Home owner, Landlord, Renter, Business
Type: Apartment, House
Contact: Victoria State GovernmentIf you have questions not answered in this summary please refer to the Victoria State Government website. Your Energy Savings does not look after this program.
The Energy Saver Incentive helps Victorian households and businesses save energy and money with a range of discounts and special offers on selected energy-saving products and services.
All sorts of organisations can participate in the initiative, including energy retailers and local appliance stores, as well as plumbers, builders and other tradespeople.
Discounts and special offers are only available from participating businesses. Make sure you ask your retailer or tradesperson if they're registered as a participating business under the Energy Saver Incentive program.
To be eligible for assistance, you must:
- only purchase specified energy-saving products and services from participating businesses
- have the appliance or product professionally installed where required. If you install some products yourself, you may not be eligible for assistance, so make sure you check with your participating business before you buy the product.
- complete the relevant paperwork at the time of purchase. You'll typically receive the incentive at the time of purchase, so make sure you know what type of incentive you'll receive before you buy.
Homeowners, renters, landlords and businesses are eligible for the discounts and special offers. If you're renting, check to see if you need your landlord's permission before making changes to your home.
A number of other conditions apply. Check your eligibility on the Victoria State Government website.
The Energy Saver Incentive can help you with the cost of purchasing:
- under-floor insulation, double-glazed windows, weather-proofing strips, chimney dampers and vent covers
- energy-efficient fridges and freezers and help with recycling the old fridge
- more energy-efficient heating and cooling
- hot water system replacements and upgrades
- energy and water-saving showerheads
- energy-efficient lighting
- energy-efficient TVs
- energy-efficient clothes dryers
- energy-saving pool pumps
- in-home electricity use displays
- standby power controllers to reduce the amount of power used by computers and home entertainment systems.
For further information you can also phone Victoria State Government on 1300 664 969 or 03 9032 1310.
Energy Saver Incentive