Toilet replacement rebate
For: Home owner, Landlord, Renter
Type: Apartment, House
The Dual-flush Toilet Replacement Program can help Melbourne households save almost half the usual cost of buying and installing a water-efficent dual-flush toilet, saving you money and reducing water use. Water-efficient showerheads may also be available, depending on your water retailer.
The Victorian Government's Living Victoria Water Rebate of $100 also applies and will be reflected in the final price of the toilet you select.
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- live in a residential property that has an authorised or approved connection to a water mains owned by City West Water, South East Water or Yarra Valley Water
- be replacing an existing, functioning single-flush toilet suite and/or a non-WELS 4 star-rated dual flush toilet suite
- have the new WELS 4-star water rated toilet suite(s) installed by a contractor designated by your water retailer.
Homeowners, landlords and renters are eligible for the service. If you're renting, you'll need your landlord's permission before installing permanent fixtures.
Depending on your water retailer, the program provides:
- almost half the cost of a toilet and standard installation
- the choice of three Australian-made, WELS 4-star rated dual-flush toilet suites
- a 10 year product and 7 year installation warranty
- a $100 rebate included in the price
- free installation of a water-efficient showerhead
- removal and recycling of your old single-flush or dual-flush toilet suite.
Make an appointment with your water retailer by calling 1300 235 874 or registering online.
Dual-flush Toilet Replacement Program
More VIC rebates and assistance programs